Recruitment - Chief Operating Officer
WE ARE RECRUITING FOR A CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER TO JOIN THE RED ARROW TEAM!
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will report to the Board of Directors.
The COO will have full autonomy and responsibility for managing and developing the company and prospects to achieve outstanding top-line and bottom line results. The role will involve hands on managing all aspects of the business including the operations, offshore procurement, recruitment, the entire sales cycle, customer support activities and financial performance & control.
This individual will have a strong track record of success in well-respected companies and a career characterised by consistent promotions to roles of increasing responsibility.
- Full management/leadership responsibilities for all business operations, including strategic planning, people and sales management, sourcing and new product development, marketing, budget setting & P&L for meeting financial and sales objectives.
- Through dynamic leadership manage, motivate and work with existing staff to ensure an enhanced team approach to all activities throughout the business. Continuous improvement is a touchstone for our company
- Work with customers to improve market share while retaining and improving margin expectations
- Analysis of company processes and procedures to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, increase margins and streamline working methods.
- Analysis of operational efficiencies and drive efficiency improvements
- Monitor and control business unit performance and customer service levels
- Work with management team to deliver business KPI’s
- Have been a successful Senior Executive with a company with at least 35M in annual turnover.
- Strong, inspirational leader with the ability to lead, manage and inspire team members effectively.
- Intelligent individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experienced manager in a technical/engineering product environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen with excellent communication skills, with robust decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Experience in the UK electrical and/or lighting industry would be an advantage.
The selected candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications:
● A Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. MBA a plus
● A minimum of 7-10 years Senior Leadership experience with advancing levels of responsibility.
● Knowledge of regulatory requirements and accounting standards necessary to successfully manage a wholesale distribution company.
Skills and Knowledge
The COO will have the following competencies:
- Strategic Agility – the ability to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans to achieve both short-term and long-term strategic objectives. The ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately and articulately paint credible pictures of future possibilities in a technology led industry.
- Drive for Results – the ability to be counted on to exceed goals and expectations on a regular basis and a willingness to steadfastly push self and others for results.
- Learning on the Fly – the ability to learn quickly when facing new problems, analyse both successes and failures for clues to improvement and rapidly grasp the essence and underlying structure of complex situations.
- Innovation Management – the ability to manage the creative process of others, project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace and effectively bring creative ideas of others to the market.
- Highly Ethical – demonstrates the highest level of character and unquestionable integrity.
- Decisive – seeks to build consensus and demonstrates an inclusive management style, but can be decisive when necessary.
- Self- Confident – demonstrates confidence, but with the maturity and humility.
- Strong Communicator – excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
- Strong Work Ethic – must have strong energy and drive and lead his/her team by example.
- Natural Motivator – this role will be central to some of the most important, and most demanding questions facing the company today and into the future.This person must be a seasoned and mature professional, yet at the same time be self-aware and self-deprecating enough to keep the organization focused and positive in the face of occasional obstacles and setbacks.An ability to inspire others, and a sense of humour, will be key to success.
- Salary negotiable, excellent rewards for the right person
- Reimbursement of business related expenses.
- Statutory Pension Provision.
- Company Car, or additional salary and reimbursement of business travel in your own car.
- Mobile Phone
To express an interest or request further information on this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org